CARRcrete PROseal is a sealer for concrete worktops and countertops, and is the food safe version of PROseal. PROseal Worktops is a highly advanced penetrating stain resistor and sealer for polished concrete worktops, countertops and concrete furniture projects that require a food safe quality sealer.
Being solvent based, PROseal Worktops is easy and convenient to work with on both small and large projects which require a level of finish superior to that offered by even the highest quality acrylic guard coats.
The initial coats of this concrete sealer soak into the surface of the concrete, coating the pores to increase the surface tension and thus providing useful stain resistance and reaction time.
Subsequent coats can be used as a micro guard for extra protection. PROseal Worktop applies much thinner than a standard guard or wax product and can be diamond burnished to a high gloss, high clarity finish without any of the plastic eggshell look associated with acrylic guard products.
The full potential of this excellent sealer cannot be fully realised without the use of a quality densifier such as our PROhard silicate densifier and the use of mechanical diamond polishing.
For best results
- Ensure concrete surface is mechanically diamond polished
- Surface has been thoroughly cleaned
- Surface is completely dry
- Allow at least 2 hours between coats (to prevent dissolving previous coats)
- Allow at least 48 hours to fully cure
How to apply PROseal Worktops
- Apply in thin coats with a microfibre roller, microfibre applicator or paint pad
- DO NOT spray
- Diamond burnish between coats (after at least 4 hours)
- Continue to build coats and burnish as required
- Solvent based, low odour formula
- Designed for mechanically polished concrete
- Penetrates the surface
- Increases gloss when buffed/burnished
- Increases stain resistance
- Higher clarity finish
- Easily maintained with PROcare
Coverage is largely dependant on the amount of coats applied, porosity of the concrete worktop, how well the concrete has been densified and mechanically refined. 1 litre usually covers 10m2 if correctly applied and the above considerations taken into account.